June 06, 2010

Moving On - Courtney Ellira McMillan (02-01-09)

Moving On - Courtney Ellira McMillan (02-01-09)

Our lives are lived apart
Yet still my blood flows through your veins.
Your pain is felt through my soul.
This game is selfish and cruel
But I feel complete compassion for no other.
What will be will be and my dreams do not end
The touch of my lover will never melt my soul
As that of my heart wrapped in your desire
The touch of a soulmate does not happen twice
It cannot be mimmicked, but I can pretend
I can love another and I can feign passion
I can live with another and I can profess contentment
The perfection of true satisfaction can not be immitated.
But does the victim of my crime know of my deceit?
I create an illusion, a mockery, an award winning performance
For in his heart he is the only one to have my affection.
I will never share that in my heart,
He is the replacement, the second choice.
His love is returned, but not with my whole heart, not with my soul.
It is a selfish claim to prevent lonliness.
It is a heartless scream that I dare not shriek.
When you see me walk with him you will see I am not in step.
When you hear me talk of him you will hear a hollow echo in my voice.
Do not judge me, please do not judge me.
This is how I survive with the hole in my heart.
At night I dream of your kiss, your caress, your love.
It keeps me moving through tomorrow.
Without this dream, My soul would surely die.

No comments:

Post a Comment