June 06, 2010

Modern Day Cowboy (05-24-10)

I fell in love with a modern day cowboy.

The sadness of life shows in his ever changing sea eyes & is hidden by his laugh.,

He can brighten a day with his half crooked smile.

He's a roughneck by trade & gentle by nature

He sweats beads of tears as he works & plays I never know which with his wicked, wicked ways.

His body worn & broken, His soul beaten from long ago fights.

His love is emmense, but only in memory does it live long

If you aren't careful, it disappears with him at dawn.

He rides in & rides out on a steed made of steel

He is a stallion that cannot tamed, for him captivity will kill.

My modern day cowboy, with a heart painted blue

His spirit watered down with whiskey & women

If he lets his feelings show they will break him, he knows

He lassowed my heart & keeps it close to his

A secret we share, but everyone knows.

He is a dying star & the sky is his stage.

He is as free as an eagle, but he keeps himself in a cage.

He howls like the wolf upon my breast, an homage to him yet he pretends not to know.

He fears none but his own heart & is wise of the world

I hope that down deep I am placed high above the rest.

He thinks I love him for his flesh, In reality its his soul

I hope & I pray I know him in the life after this

He & his stallion will cross me past Haydes way.

His word his is honor and his honor his way.

I wasn't the first, I won't be the last.

In my heart, my modern day cowboy rides above the rest.

He is a man of men, a lover of lovers

Through the heartache & fear, he protects me from the world.

While I see a man, he sees a beast.

I love him through & through, til the bittersweet end.

My Modern Day Cowboy, I will love you until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment